MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY EXPEDITION TRAIN – 1 DAY
Wake up early to rise to a new day of adventure and mindfulness sharing the day with our majestic Machu Picchu. We pick you up at your hotel 4:00am, and then drive in our private van to Ollantaytambo Train Station to leave on 6.10am train. Travel through the alpine meadows nestled amongst the green, and white glacier peaks, the intricately formed valleys, layers of handmade Inca farming terraces, ridged snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle near the Amazon from Ollantaytambo. The sacred Vilcanota River will be our companion until your arrival at Aguas Calientes.
Your guide will meet you at the train station in Aguas Calientes at around 7:30am and transfer you to Machu Picchu on the shuttle bus. Following in the ancient and remote footsteps of the Lost City of the Incas, listen carefully the 2.5 hours of guided tour and cultural exchange of the history of Machu Picchu. You will then be gifted with free time to explore, take photos, or hike to the Sun Gate until 12pm. Returning to Aguas Calientes, you will have time to catch lunch and take the early evening train at 4:22pm with Expedition train to Ollantaytambo, where we transfer you by private van back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving approximately by 8:30pm.
- Hiking up to the SUN Gate: (no ticket is needed). It takes an hour hike from where you may enjoy the amazing angle view of Machu Picchu.
- Inca Bridge: (no ticket needed). It is a 25-minute walk from the citadel, great views.
EXPEDITION CLASS TRAIN
The Expedition service is designed for traveler’s comfort, being able to share your experience with four passenger seats located in front of each other. A luggage compartment offered above for the faithful backpack. Andean music is played throughout the journey, panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating.
Expedition service leaves from Ollantaytambo – Located 2 hours away from Cusco
This is a travel experience with all the quality and benefits of Peru rail at a lower cost.
***Please note it is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu with this time schedule.
SCHEDULE FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR
Enjoy Machu Picchu Tour in 1 Day with SAM Travel Peru, in a Small Group (Up to 8 people)!
- At 4:00am; transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the Train Station at Ollantaytambo. (Train leaves at 6:10 am)
- The train ride consists of spectacular views in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- At around 7:30am, your guide will meet you at the train station, He will transfer you to the shuttle bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu about a – 30 minutes ride.
- Upon arrival; your guide will give a guided tour of Machupicchu that lasts around 2.5 hours and then you have some free time for taking photos, exploring the citadel by yourself.
- By 12pm, you will take the shuttle back to Aguas Calientes town in time to enjoy lunch.
- At 4:22pm, return by Expedition Train to Ollantaytambo and transfer back to Cusco by van.
- Arriving to your hotel in Cusco approximately at 8:30pm.
***Hike of Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mt. not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Transfer at 4:00am from your hotel to Ollantaytambo by private van
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30mins)
- Admission ticket for Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guided tour in English 2 hours approximately – with a lot of free time for photos and extra hikes
- (Small group from 2 to 8 people with an experienced English speaking guide)
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then transfer to your hotel in Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Hike of Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mt. not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
- Tips for your guide.
“The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date that is best for you, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
PRICE -$347 USD per person
***Private service is available for $40 USD more per person.
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 persons with a maximum of 8!
- 18 to 25 years old:$30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old:$30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old:$40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
WHY CHOOSE SAM TRAVEL
SAM Travel Peru is a family owned travel agency and a local tour operator based in Cusco with personal experience over many years of trekking. SAM Travel Peru is a 1oo% Cusquenian Company without any shareholders.
Our dream as a locally based company is to create small personalized tours & treks strictly and only operated by local professional staff catering in PERSONALIZED and HIGH QUALITY SERVICE.
We take pride in having a reputation as being a RESPONSIBLE & SUSTAINABLE tour operator. Our staff are our extended family. We ensure they are supported financially by offering them a fair salary. We are proud of our team without them , we wouldn’t be able to offer the best service and lifetime experiences to our clients.
SAM Travel Peru knows how important it is to trust in a reliable honest operator to create your adventure of a lifetime while in Peru. Check out our reviews and certificates of excellence on, TRIPADVISOR for yourself! Also we are highly recommended on Conde Nast Travelers, Lonely Planet and by many blogs like: Salkantay/Inka Trail ! July 14th to 20th 2016 Trek de Lares 4 hours, “It’s the journey, not the destination…”, Lares Pass – Day 3, Trekking in the Sacred Valley, Alli and Ellie hike to Machu Picchu
In an effort to provide a more personalised service to our passengers, we in SAM Travel Peru have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people. This fact alone sets us apart from other companies that operate departures with bigger groups.
OUR TOP TOUR GUIDES
We are so proud of our guides! They are highly professional and speak fluent English. They are very knowledgeable and passionate for Incan heritage and history. Our guides are dedicated to continuous personal and provessional development. They do research to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories in Incan and Andean culture. Our crew is fun loving, great sportsmen and well-educated. They all hold degrees in one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
OUR SOCIAL PROJECTS
SAM Travel Peru has always believed that we should “give back” to the communities we pass through on our treks. Therefore, as part of our commitment in responsible tourism, we socially support and employee from these communities.
SAM Travel Peru is proud to be able to support these beautiful people, not only in hiring them for work but to bring things back to grassroots, to share in their home and families. This makes us happy to have a holistic approach with our highland employees and their families!
A beautiful reflection of our attitude in everything we do, is that we wish to make life richer and more meaningful for all involved.
“Please read carefully the following information; it will help you answer all of your questions about our services and tour”
WELCOME TO CUSCO
You will be welcomed at Cusco airport and taken to your hotel, please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding an orange board SAM Travel Peru at the arrival terminal. It can be done on any date that is best suited to you!
It will take place the night before the trekking departure at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383 ; 303 (second floor), we are next to SUBWAY restaurant.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
Of course! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are for free. Please don´t pack anything you will need for your hike.
HOW TO BOOK THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR:
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$200.00 per person in order to purchase a your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page or click here on the payment method of your choice, either VISA or PAYPAL.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law you must be under 17 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 17 & above need student cards). For example if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- For children from the age of 0 to 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is “No”. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the tickets has been bought. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
*** If you cancel your Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Yes for sure! You have to bring your original passport and it is very important that it is the same passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, train ticket, other entrances and reservations. The rangers will check when you enter Machu Picchu. The train company will also check your passport before allowing you to board the train.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport number or updated your name for a fee of $25 per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to be to enter into Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train. They are very strict about this here!!
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
First I would say that the weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend you to bring a warm jacket for early morning and rain poncho in case of a rain shower.
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Absolutely! Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel on the return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too!
If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the trek, we wil pick you up there.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many SAM Travel Peru destinations. Of course you are free to tip more or less as you feel, depending on your perception of the quality and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator for that we incorporate the universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and it´s people.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- A small daypack with water to drink
- Snacks if you like
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Camera and rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
- Hat for the sun , sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Passport (Cannot enter Train or Machu Picchu without passport)
- ISIC card if appropriate.
- Money for souvenirs