When did SAM Travel Peru start?
The company started in 2013, its owner, Saul Alvarez Montalvo became passionate about providing people the best quality service possible. He opened the tour company SAM Travel Peru and ever since then have been one of the top tour operators within the Cusco region!
Why was SAM Travel Peru started
The owner of SAM Travel Peru, Saul wanted to create more work opportunities for the local communities within the Andes. He employs from these communities to help grow better situations for them in areas such as self-sustainability, education and more. Porters that work with SAM Travel Peru receive a better salary than most of tour operators and respect the welfare of its workers’ to give back and support their families especially the children.
Why should I travel with SAM Travel Peru?
SAM Travel Peru is a family owned tour operator based in Cusco with personal experience over many years of trekking. SAM Travel Peru is a 1oo% Cusquenian Company without any shareholders. We provide high quality service as well as focusing on having small groups to enhance the travel experience. Our groups never go higher than 8 persons. This is what makes us stand out from other tour operators.
Our team of guides are from the Cusco region and speak Spanish and English fluently with the majority of them also speaking Quechua (the native language of Peru). They hold degrees in tourism and have a minimum of experience of 2 years under their belts. They are passionate about teaching others of the local flora and fauna as well as their roots in their Andean/Inca history and heritage.
Our guides come highly recommended as they are dedicated to continued personal development, are extremely patient and love to do their jobs with sparkling energy.
- Provide informative tours of Machu Picchu
- Educate about Incan culture and history
- Offer memorable and entertaining trekking experience
- Maintain a 100 percent locally owned company
- Uphold the view of supporting our local communities by reinvesting back into them
- Raising awareness in being socially responsible by creating social projects to promote our cause
- To create unforgettable experiences
- To provide high quality personalized service
- To contribute as a company to the development of the tourism sector
- To offer high quality treks and tours with small groups while maintaining a reasonable price
- To use only our own professionally trained staff and guides and high quality camping equipment
- To create in our visitors an admiration toward the legacy of the Incan culture, heritage and history.
- Honesty and integrity
- Create a stable client connection during their treks and tours
- Commitment to the culture and society of the Andean culture
- Work as a team by sharing knowledge, experience and dedication
- Creativity and innovation
- Promote Peruvian based business
We hope to build a sustainable company that provides top-quality service to our potential clients, while at the same time, develop methods to provide children and families within the Cusco region with opportunities for education and employment.