DAY 1: CUSCO – SOCMA – RAYAN – PUCCAQASA
We leave Cusco early at 5:00 in the morning and drive for 2 hours to the traditional Inca community of Socma. After a gourmet breakfast, we start walking to the spectacular Perolniyoc Waterfall. It is the perfect opportunity to pause and take photos with such an impressive backdrop. Another hour and a half on the trail takes us to the Perolniyoc Archeological Site. Two more hours on the trail brings us to lunch at Rayan (3700m/2139ft). After a delicious and hearty lunch, we set off for the biggest challenge of the trek: two and a half hours uphill to the first pass, known as Puccaqasa (4400mts). Enjoy the spectacular 360º views and the exhilaration of making it to the top! Only a half hour of rolling valley will take you to the campsite.
- Meals: Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time -Dinner
- Accommodation: Luxury camping with 4 season EUREKA tents
- Distance: 13kms/8 miles
- Time: 8 hours approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate.
DAY 2: PUCCAQASA – QUYCHICASSA – INTI PUNKU – VERONICA VIEW HOTEL
Today’s hike will be a relief after yesterday’s challenging trek and also incredibly scenic. A 2-hour walk along the rolling valley takes us to the top of the Quychicassa Pass (4450m/14599ft). After enjoying the picturesque views of the glacially carved valleys below, we descend one hour down a steep grade of switchbacks. The next hour is a gentle down to the site that the Incas called Inti Punku, (meaning Sun Gate) with its expansive views over the valley. The horizon is dominated by the picturesque Veronica Mountain.
Enjoy another gourmet meal at this impressive archeological site. The first hour down from Inti Punku is steep, but the next two hours are a very gentle downhill to the Veronica View Hotel. Enjoy a our world class chef’s dinner, heated swimming pool, spa and sauna. Take full advantage of our spa by treating yourself to massages to ease your aching muscles from the trek.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation: Veronika View Hotel
- Distance: 15kms/9.5 miles
- Time: 7 hours approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate/Difficult
DAY 3: VERONICA VIEW HOTEL – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Wake up with the spectacular view of the Veronica Mountain and glacier right in front of you. Enjoy a relaxing morning at the spa or in our gardens of native flowers and wildlife. After recovering from the strenuous hike, enjoy a gourmet lunch and relax in the heated swimming pool and sauna. A short drive to the train station and we take the 13:27 Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes where we stay overnight at our hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation: Inti Punku Tambo or Wiracocha Inn Hotel
- Distance: 8kms/5 miles
- Time: 6 hours approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is the day you have been waiting for! We take the early bus to Machu Picchu archeological site, making sure we tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. The Citadel of the Incas, Machu Picchu, what an unforgettable experience! On your 2.5 hours private tour, your guide will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites. You will see the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry, the House of the Inka, the urban areas, agricultural terraces and many different types of architecture.
If you wish to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own you can (not included in the price):
- Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain to appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from the views above ($25 each additional cost)
- You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate or Inti Punku. (Free of cost)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs (will be an additional entrance fee)..
When you are ready, you will descend to Aguas Calientes, have a leisurely lunch on your own, and later on board the Expedition train which departs at 14:55pm for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo Station, where you will catch our private van back to Cusco and arrive at your hotel around 7pm.
- Meal: Breakfast
- Difficulty: Easy
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Private transportation from your Cusco hotel to Choquequilla Trailhead
- Licensed guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
- 4 person Eureka tents for every 2 trekkers (large and comfortable)
- Delicious meals during the 4 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Cook and cooking equipment for the trek
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse with helmet supplied in case of emergency such as illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill your bottles during the trek
- Comfortable foam mattress and pillow
- Luxurious night and dinner at the Veronica View Hotel
- Swimming pool and sauna access at the Veronica View
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (1:37 or 3:37pm Vistadome Train to Aguas Calientes and the 4:22pm Expedition Train on the return to Ollantaytambo)
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- Admission ticket to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private bathroom, hot shower, wifi, storage and buffet breakfast included
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch & dinner on the last day
- Sleeping Bag (minus 10 ºC) : $20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress: $20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles: $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent: $30 USD – (Please request when you book your trek)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade: $57 USD per person (For the return to Cusco/Poroy) at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain : $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain : $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Spa services and drinks at the Veronica View Hotel
- Tips for the guide, cook, horsemen and other team members of SAM TRAVEL PERU
OPTIONAL UPGRADES: Hotel or Train
- VISTADOME TRAIN from Machu Picchu back to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43pm: $57 USD per person
- La Cabaña Hotel: $40 USD per person
- Tierra Viva Hotel: $70 USD per person
- El Mapi Hotel:$120 USD
- Additional Night in hotel in Aguas Calientes – From: $60 USD (depending on choice and availability)
PRICE – $547
Personal pack horse included!
***This price includes the extra pack horse which will carry your belongings up to 7 kgs, we will provide a duffle bag you can put your things in.
***We provide large Eureka 4 man tents for each 2 trekkers.
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: $30 USD. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Sleeping Bag : $20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress : $20 per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles : $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent: $30 USD – (Tent for single trekkers)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade: $57 USD per person (For the return to Cusco)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain : $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain : $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Single Supplement : $30 USD 2* hotel for single travelers
ADDED VALUES FOR FREE
- Comfortable foam mattresses for every hiker
- Small pillow
- Transfer airport to hotel (only in Cusco)
- Duffle bags
- Trash plastic bags
- Extra blanket for the tent are included in the trekking price!
- EXTRA PACK HORSE is included in the price, the horse will carry your things up to 7 kgs / 14p sleeping bag, mattress, clothes etc.
- COLD BOILED WATER will be provided along the trek, there will be hot and cold water at each meal time.
- OXYGEN TANK will be available.
- EMERGENCY HORSE is included which can be ridden if you feel tired or sick
- BEST ITINERARY operated Inca Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu specialist only.
WHY CHOOSE SAM TRAVEL FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
SAM Travel Peru is a family owned travel agency and a local tour operator based in Cusco with personal experience over many years of trekking. SAM Travel Peru is a 1oo% Cusqueñian Company without any shareholders.
Our dream as a locally based company is to create small personalized tours & treks strictly and only operated by local professional staff catering in PERSONALIZED and HIGH QUALITY SERVICE.
We take pride in having a reputation as being a RESPONSIBLE & SUSTAINABLE tour operator. Our staff are our extended family. We ensure they are supported financially by offering them a fair salary. We are proud of our team without them , we wouldn’t be able to offer the best service and lifetime experiences to our clients.
SAM Travel Peru knows how important it is to trust in a reliable honest operator to create your adventure of a lifetime while in Peru. Check out our reviews and certificates of excellence on, TRIPADVISOR for yourself! Also we are highly recommended on Conde Nast Travelers, Lonely Planet and by many blogs like: Salkantay/Inka Trail ! July 14th to 20th 2016 Trek de Lares 4 hours, “It’s the journey, not the destination…”, Lares Pass – Day 3, Trekking in the Sacred Valley.
In an effort to provide a more personalised service to our passengers, we, in SAM Travel Peru have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people. This sets us apart from other companies that operate departures with bigger groups.
OUR TOP TOUR GUIDES
We are so proud of our guides! They are highly professional and speak fluent English. They are very knowledgeable and passionate for Incan heritage and history. Our guides are dedicated to continuous personal and professional development. They do research to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories in Incan and Andean culture. Our crew is fun loving, great sportsmen and well-educated. They all hold degrees in one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
OUR SUPER COOL HORSEMEN
Hiking the Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu with SAM Travel Peru is a life changing experience with a fully portered trek where your comfort and enjoyment are our first priority. We make sure that you get the best experience for your holiday in Peru while you interact with the locals, explore fantastic sites and re-discover remote ancient Inca towns and buildings. Having the opportunity to learn some words in Quechua and about the fascinating Inka history. Immerse yourself in the stunning landscape and simply feel the magic of Mother Nature (Pachamama) and the Andes. We carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your tents avoid crowded campsites and take care of you while you sit back and relax.
We provide the following items to our horsemen and cooks for free: Jacket, sun hat, warm hat, t-shirt, pants, hiking boots, comfortable duffle bags, canteen and girdle for protecting their spine, sleeping bags, mattress and insurance.
OUR COOKS ON THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
Fabulous Cooks… The food on the trek has been highlighted by all our clients they say “that it was better than in the restaurant’s. “Delicious and abundant gourmet style meals, Peruvian and International Cuisine are prepared by our professional and dedicated cooks from a mixture of local and exotic produce. If you are vegetarian or have food allergies of any kind, we can cater our meal to adjust to your needs.
SAM Travel Peru can cater to any food restrictions!
Our team (Guides, cooks, horsemen) and our equipment are what really makes SAM Travel Peru stand out from all the competitors…. For all our adventures we hike we include the following items:
- OUR TENTS: Enjoy a good night’s sleep in our 4 season EUREKA Timberline tents. All our tents are 4 person tents, but ONLY sleep 2, leaving lots of room to spread out comfortably and store your duffel bags. They also include a little vestibule in front, giving you some extra outdoor space to leave your boots and walking sticks so you don’t have to bring in dirt.
- OUR MATTS: They are used to separate and insulate you from the ground. They all are comfortable.
AIR MATTRESSES: They can be rented for US$15.
OUR KITCHEN & DINING TENTS: The dining tent is used as our meeting room at meal time. It’s a place to enjoy our meals and the company of fellow trekkers.
- OUR TABLES & CHAIRS: The interior of the dining room includes tables and chairs with two doors on each side, which are adaptable to weather conditions.
- DUFFLE BAGS: Will be provided at briefing time the night before the trek.
- MORE: Pillows, backpack, rain covers , survivor t-shirts , hot shower and the biochemical camping toilet , are provided on trek.
OUR SERVICE PROJECTS
SAM Travel Peru has always believed that we should give back to the communities we pass through when on our treks. Therefore, as part of our commitment to responsible tourism, we always do many service projects and hire locally.
SAM Travel Peru is so proud to be able to support these beautiful people, not only employing them work but also to keep things at grassroots, to share in their homes and with their families. This makes us happy to have this holistic approach with our highland employees and their families!
A beautiful reflection of our attitude in everything we do, is making life richer and more meaningful for all involved.
Please read carefully the following information; it will help with your questions about our services and the Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu.
WELCOME TO CUSCO
You will be greeted at Cusco airport and taken to your hotel, please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to trek´s start. Look out for our representative holding an orange board of SAM Travel Peru at the arrival terminal.
Your briefing will take place the night before your trek. It will be held at our office at 6 or 6:30pm, depending on your confirmation email details. The office is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383 ; office 107 (second floor). We are next to Subway sandwich shop and share a lobby with Hotel Casona Corrales.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During the Inca Quarry trail Trek to Machu Picchu your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both are for free.
HOW TO BOOK THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu permit without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$200.00 per person in order to purchase a permit for the Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page or click here on the payment of your choice, either VISA or PAYPAL.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of email@example.com.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- For children from the age of 0 to 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is generally No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure dates. Tickets are not transferable nor refundable. With alternative treks we may be able to change dates for a fee depending on what has been already purchased. Please contact the office as soon as possible if you need to change your date.
*** If you cancel your Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport and it is very important that it is the same passport number you sent to us to book your Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, other entrances and reservations. The rangers will check your passport when you enter Machu Picchu. The train company will also check your passport before allowing you to board the train. In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport number or updated your name for a fee of $25 per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to be to enter the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu or get on the train. They are very strict about this here!!
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE ON THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. BUT you will have many different seasons as you pass through the numerous microclimates and will depend on the location. We highly recommend you bring some warm clothes and good rain gear in your day backpack.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS?
In general if you exercise regularly and spend 2 to 3 days in Cusco, or in the Sacred Valley for acclimatization to the altitude, you may be just fine.
The recommended medicine for altitude sickness is WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN IF NEEDED; our guides are trained to treat you for Altitude Sickness. For more detailed information on Altitude Sickness click this link: Altitude Sickness.
We offer the Cusco City Tour and Sacred Valley tours that you can book while you are acclimatizing. Check out our day tours on our Main Page.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE PER GROUP?
The maximum group size is 8 persons. Usually our groups are between 2-6 persons. Sam Travel Peru specialises in SMALL, PRIVATE groups and provide a personalised service.
HOW MANY COOKS/PACK HORSES FOR THE GROUP?
You will have 1 cook per group. The number of pack horses depends of the size of the group. For a group of 2 trekkers, they will have 4 horses, 4 trekkers will have 6 horses, 6 trekkers will have 9 horses, 8 trekkers will have 12 horses.
HIKING THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
The evening before you start your Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, you will be given a SMALL DUFFLE BAG to pack your clothes for the next four days. Your weight allowance is up to 7kg/14p. Your team of porters will carry your duffle bag for you, together with the food and camping gear. It’s important to be aware, that you will not have access to your items in the duffle bag until the end of each day, as the porters will always be ahead of the group. During the trek, you need a day backpack big enough to carry your personal belongings such as a warm jacket, a rain jacket, your camera, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc. Usually a 30 to 50 litre backpack is sufficient.
IS THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU DIFFICULT, DO I NEED TO BE FIT?
The Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is a 39 km hike through the Andes in the Cusco region. The maximum altitude reached is 4,700mt. On the second day of the trek we climb two mountains. The Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is a fairly difficult trek and you should be well prepared and healthy prior to starting it. You have to be moderately fit and take regular exercise.
In preparation: try walking 15kms a day or go to the fitness club in the months leading up to the trek. It is also important to be well acclimatized to the altitude. Try to spend at least 2 or 3 days in Cusco (3350m/11,047ft) prior to starting the trek.
WHAT ABOUT TOILETS ON THE TREKS?
This has been appreciated by most of our clients, especially by the female ones who want a private, clean and sanitary toilet!! SAM Travel Peru toilet facilities have an individual tent and a “camping toilet with a seat.” Check out the picture, which illustrates how we set up our camping toilet on the trek by using this link: picture of toilet tent. Our toilet is always set up a comfortable distance from our campsite. At night if you need to use the toilet it is readily accessible and clean, unlike the dirty facilities supplied by the government.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNABLE TO FINISH THE TREK?
In the unlikely scenario that you are unable to finish the trek due to a health issue, Sam Travel Peru will assist you to the nearest town for help with transportation. We always carry oxygen on the trek for any respiratory problems In extreme cases, a helicopter pick up can be arranged at your own expense. (Travel insurance required). There are no refunds in the unlikely situation that you are unable to finish the trek.
Generally those who have to be assisted off the trail are taken to Ollantaytambo and if they recover quickly, they then continue the journey to Aguas Calientes (cost incurred by trekker) and visit Machu Picchu according to original plan.
ARE WE GOING TO BE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
Absolutely!! Included in the package and on the last day we will drop you at your hotel! If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too! If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the Inca Quarry Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, for sure we will pick you up there !
AT WHAT TIME IS THE TRAIN DEPARTURE?
It will depend on the train availability (high season it could book out) but the idea is to give you as much time as possible in Machu Picchu and enjoy the amazing views on the way back to Cusco from the train. Therefore you we usually book the train at 4:22pm. With this train schedule, you will have more than 9 hours to enjoy Machu Picchu
VISTADOME TRAIN UPGRADE; HOW MUCH IS IT?
For sure you may upgrade to Vistadome train which has slightly nicer seats, panoramic windows and ceiling. You will be offered some snacks and a dance show will take place on board. The price is US$57 per person which includes the transfer from Poroy train station to your hotel in Cusco. It is 2 hours by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then another 2 hours from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by bus. If you upgrade to Vistadome, all the way back to Poroy (Cusco), the trip lasts 3.5 hours, then 25mins by taxi to your hotel. Usually our clients are back at the hotel by 8pm. If you plan to take the bus to Puno on the same night, that is totally possible.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the Inca Quarry Trail Trek. It inspires them to give excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many SAM Travel Peru destinations. Of course you are free to tip more or less as you feel it, depending on your perception of the quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes! We are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator for that we incorporate the universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know and understand, respect the places and the local people.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Valid, student ID card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3 litre Camelbaks are encouraged.
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from SAM Travel)
- Headlamp: essential
- Toilet paper
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFLE BAG FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
As a Professional Direct Local Tour operator we provide you with a duffle bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse who will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 pounds including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing. By Peruvian law, a duffel bag must not weigh more than 7 kilograms (15lbs). This limit is set to protect the health of the porters or horses. All bags will be weighed before being accepted. If you require more than 7 kilograms, it will then be your responsibility to carry the extra weight with your day pack. In this 7 kilos, please count 2 kilos for your sleeping bag and 1 kilo for your sleeping pad. This leaves you about 4 kilos for your personal gear.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Bathing Suit for the thermal waters
- Couple Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º Celsius.
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger.
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them.
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us.
- Swimming Suit
- Face moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR THE INCA QUARRY TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
We highly recommend a small backpack 25 to 30 Litres for hiking in the day. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring your canteens.
- Sun hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits
- Rain plastic poncho (provided by SAM)
- Hand sanitiser
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
- Valuable items