SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY WITH OUR COMMUNITIES
SAM Travel Peru is socially responsible in that:
- We are actively involved in setting up social projects to benefit the local communities through which we trek, such as clothing, food, and education support etc.
- We train the locals in the isolated communities of the Andes in skills such as weaving, raising llamas, & agricultural production and much more.
- We are very committed to ensuring that the local people benefit through tourism.
- We create new jobs and opportunities to improve the living standards of the local people and their families
- We give fair treatment, decent wages for all our local employees and health insurance for our crew and staff.
- We use locally owned transportation and accommodation.
- We protect and ensure that the indigenous wisdom of the native Inca communities is not lost.
- We provide educational scholarships for individuals who lack resources to realize their dreams and reach their potential.
SAM TRAVEL PERU annually is committed to share the spirit of Christmas giving by participating in activities distribute presents, meals and hot chocolate to around 300 children.
All of these small activities could not happen without the support we have received from so many tourists “we could not have done it without YOU.” We want to thank you sincerely for providing us with children’s shoes, clothes, and educational materials, which have been so gratefully accepted by all the local communities and families
SAM TRAVEL PERU believes and is committed in using ECO-TOURISM as a tool to encourage the protection of the natural environment. We endeavor to encourage a love and respect of nature through enhanced understanding and awareness, both in our staff and clients. With local communities we create frameworks where the ECO-TOURISM business promotes truly sustainable use of pristine natural environments and nature. These benefits are shared equally and fairly with communities, with no loss to the natural environment.
Here is how we on our tours and treks practice ECO-TOURISM: