DAY 1: CUSCO – ANDAHUAYLILLAS – RACCHI – LA RAYA – PUNO
We pick you up at your hotel at 6.30am to take you to the bus station (Inca Express or First Class). Both companies provide royal class service with an English-speaking tour guide, and a waiter who is ready to assist you with hot, and cold drinks on board. During the trip, you will stop to visit some Inca ruins, museums and churches, the Andahuaylillas church, which is considered to be the Sistine Chapel of South America because of its amazing frescos. Then we stop at the Racchi Inca ruins, which used to be a religious place and a resting place for the Inca travelers. The next visit is at La Raya, the border between Cusco and Puno, where the most traditional animals of Peru can be seen, such as llamas and alpacas. In Pucara, we will visit a museum where it is possible to see some pre-Inca remains. Finally, by 5.30 pm we arrive in Puno city where our representative will pick you up to take you to your hotel.
- Hotel: Casa Andina Classic Puno 3***
- Meals: Lunch
DAY 2: PUNO – UROS ISLANDS – AMANTANI ISLAND
After having breakfast in your hotel, the tour leader will pick you up and take you to the port of Puno. From there you will have a 30-minute boat ride. There are fantastic views of the lake crossing to the floating islands. The locals will welcome and show you the island and the products they weave. Take a 3-hour boat ride to get to Amantani Island by 2.30 pm where we arrive at our destination. Our guide will introduce us to the local families who are going to share their homes with us. After lunch, we will hike for one hour up to the mountain called Pachataita (Mother Father) which is located at 4400mts above sea level. There is an amazing view of the sunset over the lake and a chance to relax and enjoy the fresh air. After we will come back to the houses for dinner and then you will have the opportunity to dress in traditional clothes provided by the locals and go to the local school to have a party.
- Accommodation: Local home
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
DAY 3: AMANTANI ISLAND – TAQUILE ISLAND – PUNO
We will have an early breakfast with our local family; take the boat for two hours to arrive at Taquile Island. The inhabitants still live according to their ancestral traditions and dress with gorgeous colored traditional ropes. They are also famous for the magnificent weavings that the men accomplish. We will have some time to learn about ancestral farming technics and try to use a few Inca tools. Lunchtime in a typical restaurant, take the boat back to Puno and your hotel for the end of the Tour.
- Meals: Breakfast
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up at your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the bus station.
- Tourist bus to Puno with English-speaking tour guide.
- Visit to the ruins along the way.
- 1 night in hotel & 1 night home stay with family
- Pick up in Puno bus station and transfer to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Puno.
- Nice boat drive with English-speaking tour guide.
- Visit of the islands on lake Titicaca as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Dress up with traditional clothes and party with the locals
- Touristic motor boat with guide
- All entrance fees
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Breakfast & Dinner on 1st day.
- Breakfast on the 3rd day only
- Tips for your guide and boat driver.
NOTE – Our tour ends in PUNO
- You can continue your tour to Bolivia through Copacabana and the SUN ISLAND (Isla del Sol);
- You can go to the salt mine in Bolivia or the jungle,
- You can continue from Puno to Arequipa
- You can just go to Juliaca and fly back to Lima
- If you want to experience the train ride to Cusco, it takes 12 hours with amazing views.
***The Puno Lake Titicaca Tour and price is only for our clients who have booked any 2, 3, 4, 5 days or more tour or trek with SAM Travel.
***Our standard lake Titicaca tour from Cusco 3D/2N includes an overnight at the Amantani Island in a home stay and is available on any day with a minimum of 2 persons.
US$247 per person
***The transfer from Puno to the airport of Juliaca is US$25 extra per person for a private service.
***SAM Travel Peru has the best options and prices for the Lake Tititcaca tour in Puno
WHY CHOOSE SAM TRAVEL
SAM (initials of Saul Alvarez Montalvo) Travel Peru is a family owned travel agency and direct local tour operator based in Cusco with personal experience over many years of trekking. SAM Travel Peru is a 1oo% Cusquenian Company without any shareholders.
My dream as the owner was to create small personalized tours & treks strictly and only operated by local professional staff catering in PERSONALIZED and HIGH QUALITY SERVICE.
We take pride in having a reputation as being a RESPONSIBLE & SUSTAINABLE tour operator. My staff are my extended family. I ensure they are supported financially by paying them a good wage. I am proud of my team without them I couldn’t give the best service and lifetime experiences to our clients.
In an effort to provide a more personalised service to our passengers, we in SAM Travel Peru have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people. This fact alone sets us apart from other companies that operate departures with bigger groups.
OUR SOCIAL PROJECTS
SAM Travel Peru has always believed that we should “give back” to the communities we pass through on our treks. Therefore, as part of our commitment in responsible tourism, we socially support and employee from these communities.
SAM Travel Peru is proud to be able to support these beautiful people, not only in hiring them for work but to bring things back to grassroots, to share in their home and families. This makes us happy to have a holistic approach with our highland employees and their families!
A beautiful reflection of our attitude in everything we do, is that we wish to make life richer and more meaningful for all involved.
WHAT YOU SHOULD TAKE WITH YOU
• Good day pack.
• Hat, gloves, scarf, thermals.
• Sun cream, sun glasses, hat.
• Good camera.
• Warm clothes as this place is very cold.
• Good boots and sandals,
• Flash light very important.
• No sleeping bag needed.
• Rain poncho if it is rainy season.
• Take some gifts for local family such as sugar, rice, oil or school supplies , please dont take candies.